Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fully recovered from horible nasty cold virus effects...

Really had to drag myself out on the bike today - the effects of that virus still being coughed up and dragging me down. I was fully expecting another slow and relatively miserable workout. Strangely and despite a lack of enthusiasm I ended up breaking my record for the tough Aime, Montgirod, Moutiers, Notre Dame du Pré, Aime circuit - by about 2 minutes - taking 2hrs 37mins. Really don't know where that came from! I was able to move into 3rd gear instead of 2nd on quite a few climbing sections so that clearly ramped the speed up. There were no unpleasant leg pains and no trouble getting my heart up to 174bpm - first time it's gone over 165bpm for a fortnight. Looks like the bug didn't drain all my strength away forever after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment